- About Us
Welcome to Rukungiri Women Integrated Development Foundation - RWIDF
We are a Non-Governmental women's organisation based in Rukungiri District Uganda with a mandate to enhance the skills, livelihoods and well-being of women and youth in order to mobilise communities and increase awareness of water, sanitation and hygienic standards, income promotion/credit scheme, reproductive health, food security, education, good governance and human rights advocacy
To eradicate poverty and raise the living standards of the rural population of Uganda.Building Together
To create livelihoods for the rural population and capacity for the women through income generating projects aimed at building sustainable community development.
- To work for the uplifting the status of women in the society and the communities in which they live.
- To help and generate training programme for self-employment of women and educate unemployed people and to work for adult education.
- To work for uplifting poor rural/village people for their overall development.
- To create awareness among the people regarding AIDS etc. To create training/ Sensitization on Water and Sanitation, Health (WASH) Projects in the community.
- To propagate the need for tree plantation/pollution control and environmental awareness.
- To provide help under health and nutrition services for women and children.
- To establish library and reading rooms in rural communities.
- To provide help/ shelter/facilities for old people, children and disabled persons for their welfare.
- To organise forums, seminars, camps etc. for spreading good living habits and moral values.
- To undertake any other work or assignment which may be for the general welfare of the people..
Expertise in WASH
Rukungiri Women Integrated Development Foundation has a firm background in WASH Projects from its inception in 2002. We have an experience of more than 10 years in implementing WASH activities in rural communities western Uganda.
The organization in the last 8 years has constructed 155 water tanks, 2 deep wells and 15 VIP latrines in the districts of Mitooma and Rukungiri district funded by Ryan's Well Foundation. Also, the organization has created massive awareness in the communities on water and sanitation issues. RWIDF has also built the capacity of the local stakeholders in wash activitiesDonate to us Contact Us
RWIDF currently has 4 technical staff namely the Executive Director, Development officer, Monitoring and Evaluation officer and one accounts assistant/administrative assistant.
The organization also has one support staff i.e. the driver and accepts two field volunteers and interns from universities in Uganda.
RWIDF implements all its activities through collaborative approaches and strategic linkages with key partners like the District Water Engineer, Public health Assistants and Sub County Community Development officers who have been helping to carry out both biological and chemical analysis of the water samples.Building Together